Monday, April 15, 2013

Today on class we watch part of a documentary called the house we live in.  I think it is a really great film, but I think there was lack of discussion because people were afraid that it would lead to arguments.  I'm glad we talked about statics and what percentage of America is incarcerated. Its around 14% of Americans are African, and 56% of them are incarcerated.  I think it is harsh to through the book at a first time offender.  But if you look at the big picture they knew it was a crime before they decided to use or sell drugs.  So I think they should be responsible for what they did no matter the time because they have other options like the rest of the world. That just what I think, but I'm not everyone so I can't judge opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment